For Your Surgery Day
- Please arrange for transportation to Team Vision Surgery Center on the day of surgery and to your postoperative appointment with your surgeon the day following surgery.
- Your driver must stay in the facility throughout your stay.
- You will be notified by your surgeon’s office of your arrival time. If you have not received notification, please call your surgeon’s office directly.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your surgery, please call your surgeon’s office as soon as possible at (316) 684-5158.
- It is important for you to continue your medications on the morning of surgery.
- Take your medications with a small sip of water.
- DO NOT TAKE oral diabetic medications or short acting insulin.
- Diabetics: Please check your blood sugar the morning of surgery.
- IF you use an inhaler, please bring it with you.
- A surgery center nurse will call you prior to surgery to review your medications and medical history.
- NOTHING by mouth for six hours prior to surgery.
- Dress in loose fitting/comfortable clothing.
- DO NOT wear any make-up, contact lenses, or fragrances.
- You may shower/bathe and brush your teeth the day of surgery.
- You may wear glasses and hearing aids, but be prepared to remove them prior to surgery.
- Jewelry and valuables should be left at home.
- Cell phones are NOT allowed in the surgical area.
Bring to Surgery
Please bring the following items with you:
- Photo ID
- Insurance Card(s)
- Eye drops
- Current list of medications